Monday, May 21, 2018

Review: Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage

Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't know how many times I have read this book, but this is at least the third time. Still, this epic tale of survival over exposure, privation, and hopelessness holds my attention. Under Shackleton's leadership, leaving behind HMS Endurance to sink, crushed in the Antarctic depths painful progress across the ice floes leads to the voyage of the James Caird; a small-boat journey from Elephant Island in the South Shetland Islands to South Georgia. Then, the markedly impossible overland journey across the steep ridge to surprise the whaling station employees from a direction no human had ever emerged... I already know I will enjoy it again, some day.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...