Sunday, May 27, 2018

Review: Anne of Green Gables

Anne of Green Gables Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I figured I would read this some time, just to see if it justifies to me its longevity and the attention paid in adaptations, none of which I have taken in. This audio version performed excellently by actress Rachel McAdams (Narrator) was just the opportunity. Since I rarely read fiction, it felt natural to compare this in my mind to Little Women , the novel by American author Louisa May Alcott, originally published in two volumes four decades before this in 1868 and 1869. Also Coming-of-Age Fiction, that Bildungsroman shows the puritanical tragedy of a precocious, expressive woman pushing down her goals and knowing her place, whereas Anne with an "E" of Price Edward Island's Avonlea wins over her adoptive parents and the reader with her pluck and vision in an entertaining, engaging way.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...