Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Review: Jesus Land: A Memoir

Jesus Land: A Memoir Jesus Land: A Memoir by Julia Scheeres
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been at least twice drawn into the documentary Kidnapped for Christ , where filmmaker Kate Logan captured the scene at Escuela Caribe in 2006. So, that prodded me to read this memoir covering the same venue for "culture shock" and other traumatic therapies perpetrated by New Horizon Ministries even though it is based in the 1980s. Scheeres title refers to a severe Christian landscape that stretches from her dysfunctional home to the Caribbean locale. Through her life she much abuse and lack of accepting love from her environment and this compelling recollection focuses on how she survived and how she was supported by the special bond with her brother, David.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...