Friday, May 4, 2018

Review: The definitive biography of P.D.Q. Bach (1807-1742)?

The definitive biography of P.D.Q. Bach (1807-1742)? The definitive biography of P.D.Q. Bach (1807-1742)? by Peter Schickele
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have long enjoyed and found hilarious the Peter Schickele hoax/farce of P.D.Q. Bach. I first was introduced through the now defunct Detroit classical music FM station WQRS. After collecting records, I now have enjoyed this detailed and encompassing book-length treatment of the joke. I think it hits my funnybone the same way Monty Python does and I see in reading these old chestnuts that some of this stuff has crept into my own repertoire and become part of my own sense of humor...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...