Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Review: Blind But Now I See: The Biography of Music Legend Doc Watson


Blind But Now I See: The Biography of Music Legend Doc Watson
Blind But Now I See: The Biography of Music Legend Doc Watson by Kent Gustavson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



An amazing, persona, and insightful journey into the life of master musician Doc Watson. From growing up blind in rural Appalachia to being swept into the folk revival, Gustavson ably invites us to see what life was like in becoming the remarkable Doc Watson. Watson's professional career with his son Merle and after Merle's death is the high part of an arc that descends into reclusion as an elder statesman of flatpicking with annual appearances at MerleFest and, almost mercifully, this work ends just prior to Watson's May, 2012 death.

Hear my conversation with the author:
Sunday, February 17, 2013.
http://www.facebook.com/OutsightOnRGW/events#!/events/475034612554661/



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...