Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Review: The Dead Drink First

The Dead Drink First The Dead Drink First by Dale Maharidge
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Audible.com is really setting a new bar in audiobooks with their original content. This story of the author's search for the identity of a man in his father's photograph combines several audio sources (source recordings) and voices (interviews) as the author recounts a moving investigation into one member of the "Greatest Generation" in a way that reflects back some light onto the American experience. Is it an audioplay, audio documentary, audiobook? I don't know, but this continued intersection of quality content and engaging presentation in a post-podcast format is worth paying attention to.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Dictionary of Saints

Dictionary of Saints by Alison Jones My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews