Friday, April 5, 2019

Review: Agent Zigzag: A True Story of Nazi Espionage, Love, and Betrayal

Agent Zigzag: A True Story of Nazi Espionage, Love, and Betrayal Agent Zigzag: A True Story of Nazi Espionage, Love, and Betrayal by Ben Macintyre
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

While I only have the abridged audio version, this is the second time I have read this fascinating double agent tale. From prisoner (in jail) on an occupied Channel Island to Abwehr prized spy run by aristocrat and dilettante Stephan Albert Heinrich von Gröning. Only he was a double agent who wanted to blow up Hitler while being distrusted variously by both side and bouncing off the ground on hurried drops into England. It is a thrilling and daring tale with magicians staging factory sabotage, ship-sinking coal bombs, doodlebugs, and more including cameo appearances by the radar tech I just read about in Tuxedo Park: A Wall Street Tycoon and the Secret Palace of Science That Changed the Course of World War II.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...