Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Review: True Hallucinations: The Talking Book

True Hallucinations: The Talking Book True Hallucinations: The Talking Book by Terence McKenna
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't care if it is ultimately to me a bunch of over-educated hippies tripping and mythologizing near the Putumayo River in South America. I love hearing Mckenna courageously objectify the psychedelic experience into "vegetable TV" and intelligent mushrooms propagating themselves through the galaxy by opening doors to other dimensions to fortunate species as ourselves. Plus: bonus cameos from UFOs and absolute zero.

Thus audiobook includes songs and sounds from Nomad Band (probably a one-off project as individual musicians including (a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Tuc... Tuckman are credited at the end), cheesy hallucinogenic sound effects, and a few guest voices.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...