Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Review: The Mind

The Mind The Mind by Richard Restak
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I noticed the reviews of this late 80's book which is much like a coffee table book are very contentious: praise or reviling. Well, it is dated and was very much for a mass audience. Restak is a practicing neurologist and neuropsychiatrist and this is a companion book to a PBS series, so it was a national bestseller for a national audience. With clips and allusions to the episodes, it would be nice to read along while taking in the series. However, I grew tired of trying to find it online, so I just read it as-is. It is an easy read and a broad, nearly breathless spectrum from animal intelligence to psychopaths to addition to brain damage to autism, etc.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...