Sunday, April 22, 2018

Review: Choosing Light: When an Earthquake Buried Me and My Family for 5 Days, I Learned to Fully Live

Choosing Light: When an Earthquake Buried Me and My Family for 5 Days, I Learned to Fully Live Choosing Light: When an Earthquake Buried Me and My Family for 5 Days, I Learned to Fully Live by Viral Dalal
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

An amazing story of being buried alive for days during the 7.7 magnitude October 2015 Hindu Kush earthquake and surviving and recovering: physically, psychologically, and spiritually. The claustrophobic detail of the immurement juxtaposes the frantic and tragic search for family members amidst the regional ruin. Chapters feature epigraphs: a quotation to highlight the chapter. Isn't it a bit vain for the author to feature himself several times as the epigraph author, too?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...