Saturday, April 7, 2018

Review: Waylon: Tales of My Outlaw Dad

Waylon: Tales of My Outlaw Dad Waylon: Tales of My Outlaw Dad by Terry Jennings
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a really great musician biography from Waylon's eldest. His backstage pass to the meteoric rise of outlaw country has details of Waylon's prodigious cocaine use, cameos from Johnny Cash and Kris Kristofferson, and tales of life on the road during a hectic career in the '70s. Jennings inside view is both very forthcoming and unguarded while exuding a true love and respect for his talented and pioneering father from playing bass in The Crickets "The Day the Music Died" to unilaterally leaving drugs behind to be a better parent.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...