Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Review: SuperFreakonomics

SuperFreakonomics SuperFreakonomics by Steven D. Levitt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A delightful and enlightening follow-up to Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything. Like how the earliest Fermi problems seemed to drift to the salty ("What is the volume of human blood in the world?") these two authors offer colorful real-world microeconomics around prostitution, suicide bombers, etc. A lot of currency here with fairly extensive material around climate change with innovative geoengineering visions to fight climate change and though I have heard of it before, I really enjoyed the overview in the epilogue of human-like behavior (including prostitution, again) arises with chimps introduced to a specie-based economy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...