Saturday, January 27, 2018

Review: Blood Meridian: Or the Evening Redness in the West

Blood Meridian: Or the Evening Redness in the West Blood Meridian: Or the Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

All the Pretty HorsesA few years ago I hear about the now "scuppered" The Road -- "the man", "the boy", the bleakness and violence, etc. Actually with Cormac McCarthy's All the Pretty Horses and No Country for Old Men and on I can imagine a quadrant with an axis of violence and an axis of roving agents of violent evil. McCarthy's output arises from bleak landscapes and crowds into on small area of a quadrant. I am sure I will enjoy reading more throughout my life and look forward to more film adaptations, but it no longer holds much urgency for me.

On this re-reading, the obese bald judge still sticks out in his dancing fiddling, hands-on gunpowder making, and more and he rather reminds me of Oscar Zeta "Brown Buffalo" Acosta. In this audio book, the narrator voices the judge with a hint of Orson Welles, which I think is great.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...