Thursday, January 25, 2018

Review: If I Can't Have You: Susan Powell, Her Mysterious Disappearance, and the Murder of Her Children

If I Can't Have You: Susan Powell, Her Mysterious Disappearance, and the Murder of Her Children If I Can't Have You: Susan Powell, Her Mysterious Disappearance, and the Murder of Her Children by Gregg Olsen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wow, Olsen does an engrossing job of unraveling the convoluted tale of two generations of not-right leading to a father's hatchet and house explosion killing of his two sons in the after math of uxoricide. The telling was economic and still highlighted the human sides of this family and Mormon community tale: the distraught wife documenting her crumbling world, the pained social worker on the phone with 911, etc.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...