Sunday, June 24, 2012

Review: The Bizarre Truth


The Bizarre Truth
The Bizarre Truth by Andrew Zimmern

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Zimmern's role as globalist, field cutlural anthropologist add an enligtening dimension to his travels in Chile, Uganda, the Far East, Barcelona, and more. A few insances that I felt were unecessary animal cruelty (a bowl to hold the still beating frog heart, having a guinea pig beatend to death for a witchdoctor experience) leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but the hints of Zimmern's life outside and before globe-trotting snacking makes me want to know more about his life.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...