Thursday, June 21, 2012

Review: My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey


My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey by Jill Bolte Taylor

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This is a short and enlightening look at stroke by a survivor that was also a perceptive, articulate, Harvard-train brain scientist. (She shills for donating yours to the Harvard BrianBank.)

I have read quite a bit that the left-right brain dichotomy is overstated in popular conception, but she emphasizes this element of brain architecture.

This is a good book for those interested in basic neuro-science and especially key for those wanting to understand or wanting to help loved ones suffering amd recovering from brain traume of almost any kind.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...