Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Review: Pudd'nhead Wilson

Pudd'nhead Wilson Pudd'nhead Wilson by Mark Twain
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Introduced by Langston Hughes. I read the third printing, Jan. 1984, with different cover.

As I get older, somehow flicks with subtitles and dialect like Twain's characters speak irk me. Still, I have read this crime drama setting with joy. It is a witty indictment of racism, classism and other superficial judgements and xenophobia. Specifically, it exposes as ridiculous the blood laws and slavery institution of Twain's time.

Sort of a crime noir and bit of courtroom drama, of all the setting I think I like most the idea of a group of guys getting together regular to share ideas as a bunch of freethinkers.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Pudd'nhead Wilson

Pudd'nhead Wilson by Mark Twain My rating: 4 of 5 stars Introduced by Langston Hughes . I read the t...