Sunday, February 2, 2020

Review: Michigan's Historic Railroad Stations

Michigan's Historic Railroad Stations Michigan's Historic Railroad Stations by Michael H. Hodges
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book nicely covers extant buildings that were depots on Michigan railroad lines. The entries are alphabetical by city with photos, images and an essay. (I think I would have liked a serial set of entries charting one or more theoretical train trips.) There is also a facts box on builder, architect, year or construction and current condition and use. Famous events (often gory accidents and murders) as well as famous personages (generally whistle stop campaigners) get special mention.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...