Thursday, February 20, 2020

Review: I Am America

I Am America I Am America by Stephen Colbert
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I so wanted to like this since I admire Stephen Colbert's funny and clever satire. I loved watching his show and appearances on The Daily Show and miss that. This book definitely sounds Colbert: it's his voice, manner, and style. Still, I couldn't barely endure to finish this. The humor, while a few times made me laugh out loud, largely falls flat on this "flat" page. Also, many of the punchlines are in small, red font footnotes and margin asides which interrupt reading and are difficult for my middle-aged eyes to read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...