Thursday, February 13, 2020

Review: Catching the Big Fish: Meditation, Consciousness, and Creativity

Catching the Big Fish: Meditation, Consciousness, and Creativity Catching the Big Fish: Meditation, Consciousness, and Creativity by David Lynch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I know David Lynch is a real advocate for Transcendental Meditation. Since that subject does not interest me, I have not felt like reading this book. However, I kept hearing about from various sources in a positive way, most recently in reading Creative Quest . Actually, TM is little more than a theme here it what is really a brief artistic memoir. Maybe it is more accurately to say it is a staring point to summarizing his artistic development with tidbits on his films. As for Eraserhead he won't say what line of The Bible gave him clarity of purpose on that project. And the key and box in Mulholland Drive? He doesn't know what is means to that Frankenstein of a film. Maybe he should meditate on it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...