Friday, January 31, 2020

Review: Low Down: Junk, Jazz, and Other Fairy Tales from Childhood

Low Down: Junk, Jazz, and Other Fairy Tales from Childhood Low Down: Junk, Jazz, and Other Fairy Tales from Childhood by A.J. Albany
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was moved by John Hawkes' depiction in the film, and I like very much the soundtrack. Now, I have read the poignant homage to Joe Albany’s extraordinary talent and tragic life by long-suffering daughter Amy-Jo Albany. Most of this tumultuous period of pained art and heroine borne self-destruction occurred during her earliest years making the necessarily hallucinogenic and removed recollections in this revealing memoir all the more moving and even harrowing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...