Thursday, January 2, 2020

Review: The Genius Lanny Poffo

The Genius Lanny Poffo The Genius Lanny Poffo by John Crowther
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As a teen World Wrestling Federation fan, my interest in that franchise overlapped Poffo's presence: 1985–1994. I was entertained by his flamboyant antics and liked rooting for him as an underdog. I had really moved on to other characters when he became “The Genius” and would write and recite an original poem before the match. This comix biography charts his career under the tutelage of trainer and father Angelo Poffo in a career paralleling is even more flamboyant brother "Macho Man" Randy Savage. It is very self-serving and self-glorifying which really doesn't fit the form of his undercard career.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...