Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Review: West Cork

West Cork West Cork by Sam Bungey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Really a podcast combined into a book, I think this really points to the type of success an audiobook is capable of as the format develops into something like an audio documentary/radio play/performance beyond mere narration. This work has background music, field recordings, interviews, etc. to tell of the remote and mysterious Sophie Toscan du Plantier murder along with evolving relationship of the crime to outspoken and mildly eccentric poet journalist Ian Bailey. I hope Audible will continue to pioneer content like this and further remove it from its podcast roots (remove recaps, repeated introductions, etc.)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Dictionary of Saints

Dictionary of Saints by Alison Jones My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews