Sunday, June 3, 2018

Review: I Shall Wear Midnight

I Shall Wear Midnight I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I first met Discworld's withes with the "headology" expert Granny Weatherwax. I am glad to see Pratchett continues to flesh out these commentators on human nature with Tiffany Aching, who is now fifteen years old and getting on with the hard work of being a witch. Being a witch, she is also a caregiver, toenail-cutter, and more who helps new mothers learn to parent and fights back against domestic violence and child abuse. Pratchett goes there but still manages to keep it light and witty. The rowdy presence of Chalk's Clan of Nac Mac Feegles (an army of tiny, blue, rowdy, drunken and vaguely Scottish 'pictsies') helps.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Dictionary of Saints

Dictionary of Saints by Alison Jones My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews