Monday, August 3, 2015

Review: The Little Prince

The Little Prince The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For years, my employer posted for the benefit of me and my fellow software engineers a DB design poster with the quote “Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” This irrefutable and concise wisdom from Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's Airman's Odyssey made me want to know about that thinker. Learning he also penned this classic of child literature and then the year it appears disappeared in flight over occupied France at a time when his selfless acts were not required by his country ... well, I had to read the book.

I am glad I did. It is a delicate, perceptive and exquisite work, like tiny jeweled music box. Get a copy with beautifully displayed illustrations for the child in your life, or inside yourself.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...