Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Review: Madoff with the Money

Madoff with the Money Madoff with the Money by Jerry Oppenheimer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This surprised me that Madoff seemed to have so many signs of mendacity going all the way back to his college years ... but maybe that should not have. His extreme OCD was unknown to me and the way he even took advantage so completely of this friends and Elie Wiesel shocked me like the first time I heard it. The details about the run-up to the collapse of the Ponzi scheme - both the long years and the final months - make a convincing case for complicity among several of his close family members (but not all), including his wife Ruth.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...