Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Review: Child of God


Child of God
Child of God by Cormac McCarthy

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I read in Details magazine of actuality of the rumoured Franco movie of this book. So, I knew it was time to re-read this morbid and disturbing vision of Appalachian horror. Finally something suitable as a double feature to Nekromantik and that makes "Deliverance" look like a blissful, Sunday outing. The dismal spiral of a character so dark even Faulkner would reject him from ogler to necrophile to transvestite serial murderer is a finely etched and bloody, horrid tale that is an obvious maturation of the concepts in [b:Outer Dark|40471|Outer Dark|Cormac McCarthy|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1356452527s/40471.jpg|791775].



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...