Sunday, October 6, 2019

Review: Oscar Wildes most famous novel The Picture of Dorian Gray

Oscar Wildes most famous novel The Picture of Dorian Gray Oscar Wildes most famous novel The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I finally got around to reading this and liked it much more than I expected. It is much more than a morphing painting. The descent into self-destructive mania experienced by the title character recalls the best Edgar Allan Poe and even more modern. The festishistic adoration of youth recalls to me Death in Venice. Some period thing? Now I want to see some film adaptations...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...