Sunday, October 13, 2019

Review: Hi Bob!

Hi Bob! Hi Bob! by Bob Newhart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a really enjoyable review of the history of comedy and America with Newhart interviewing several comedias. This includes Will Ferrell, Jimmy Kimmel, Conan O'Brien, Sarah Silverman, and several others. It is all edited topically so the serial interviews sound like group conversations. The only issue I had was the programming order. I heard once a good comedy program is B, C, then A, material. (If I remember this right.) That is, open strong, put the risky, experiments in the middle the finish with the best most memorable bits. Well, this is ABC then. Also, the final and extensive two pieces ( one, with Conan suggesting ripping off children's' charities and then one with Ferrell mocking a sorry stalker) are longer than any others and so unlike Newhart material as to end the thing on a wrong note.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...