Thursday, September 5, 2019

Review: The Trouble with Gravity: Solving the Mystery Beneath Our Feet

The Trouble with Gravity: Solving the Mystery Beneath Our Feet The Trouble with Gravity: Solving the Mystery Beneath Our Feet by Richard Panek
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

"Just over two hundred pages of main content here includes a solid fifty pages of comparative cosmology. This extended exposition leads into a breezy overview of mankind’s evolving perception of reality from antiquity to today. Gravity is certainly a dominant theme, but it is merely a clothesline to hang upon this chronological history pondering the nature of reality, from the myth maker to the Nobel laureate...."

(This is the second time I have been seriously disappointed with a Richard Panek book and I doubt I will give him another chance.)

[Look for my entire review at MAA Reviews]

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...