Monday, September 16, 2019

Review: The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon

The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon by Brad Stone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Like Steve Jobs, this is a fascinating, in-depth look at a complex pioneer entrepreneur of the Information Age. The author relies on multiple interviews with Bezos as well as covering Amazon as a journalist for many years. This gives me a better idea of such complex issues as why the default Text-to-Speech feature fell off the kindle and the attempt to fix e-book prices, violating Section 1 of the Sherman Antitrust Act, by publishers. Overall, thought, I came away thinking Bezos a fascist and Amazon a terrible place to work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...