Saturday, September 15, 2018

Review: Pro Mapping in BizTalk Server 2009

Pro Mapping in BizTalk Server 2009 Pro Mapping in BizTalk Server 2009 by Jim Dawson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been using this to read through and as a reference book for BizTalk Mapper. I hope that standalone tool seems more a life of its own outside of BizTalk solutions in Visual Studio. This helped me figure out how to use the tool in VS 2015 Community Edition. As I write, VS 2017 support is not present for Mapper and 2015 has changed enough to be out of sync w/some directions here, but only on minor interface points that proved no obstacle to usage. The book starts off very textbook-like with directed exercises, but for some reason unfortunately drifts away from a commitment to this approach. Much of the code, with some updates is on GitHub.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...