Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Review: Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House

Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House by Michael Wolff
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Meh. I already trump was not a "very stable genius". So, hearing of his divisive, sycophantic office politics is no surprise to me. I expect something like a fly-on-the-wall Bob Woodward presentation. This feels more like a summary of commonly known news reports. If anything, it did help clarify the family dynamic as in Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, or "Jarvanka" as coined by ousted Trump strategist Steve Bannon. Also, I thought very telling and believable, the idea of Trump as a septuagenarian billionaire near-recluse unsettled to be out of his bubble (a burst bubble) into the glare and demands of presidential responsibility.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...