Sunday, November 5, 2017

Review: Touch and Go: The Complete Hardcore Punk Zine '79-'83

Touch and Go: The Complete Hardcore Punk Zine '79-'83 Touch and Go: The Complete Hardcore Punk Zine '79-'83 by Tesco Vee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

From my interview with Tesco Vee about this impressive and important anthology:

"...this book transcends Tescoe Vee, The Meatmen and everything that I have ever done it's because it covers such a broad spectrum and somebody else wrote about it. It says that this book does so I can lighten the such a grand idea or this book. Probably does the best job of any of these punk retrospectives of really showing you how the punk evolved. You know so we started in '79 appearing the tail end of the UK thing that then you can see how the domestic hard—American hardcore movement happened. How it came together and how all these bands and disparate seems all connected the dots and started and I started corresponding with Dischord people and started Touch and Go Records ..."

Audio of the full interview is at .

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...