Monday, November 27, 2017

Review: A Separate Peace

A Separate Peace A Separate Peace by John Knowles
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Funny, I got this because I misread the cover and thought this was a title by one of my favorite novelists John Fowles...

...That mistake was years ago and I just got round to reading this anyway.

This is a quick, easy read about an ephemeral, semi-autobiographical period at an exclusive boy's school on the east coast during the fervent times of growing WWII war fever.

The suddenly and inexplicable emergence of a darker nature, ultimately lethal sets this up as an existentialist quandary with, for me, distinct similarities to The Stranger.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...