Saturday, November 18, 2017

Review: As I Lay Dying

As I Lay Dying As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

James Franco has made at least a couple of Faulkner-based films, now. Both are deemed fair to poor, but maybe this is because the typical Franco fan is not a Faulkner reader? I decided to revisit this title - one I would recommend as a first Faulkner read for its brevity and accessibility - and watch the As I Lay Dying 2013 film directed and co-written by and starring James Franco and be my own judge.

Verdict?

The book is better than I remember - as seems to be my judgement each time I revisit Faulkner - and the film is better than rated.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...