Friday, September 30, 2016

Review: Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH

Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I got interested in the author when reading Z for Zachariah in prep for the recent movie version, which I thought was a better film than it seems most critics thought. (Good job, Margot Robbie!) Now, I want to re-live the classic animated film having (finally) read this clever and engaging tail a plucky Mrs. Frisby mouse and her involvement with the supernatural "divergents" from NIMH seeking a path to freedom. Quite an effective morality tale and I am sure thought-provoking for the YA reader.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...