Saturday, April 9, 2016

Review: The Life and the Adventures of a Haunted Convict

The Life and the Adventures of a Haunted Convict The Life and the Adventures of a Haunted Convict by Austin Reed
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this whole package -it needs both parts: text and exegesis. The discovered manuscript of a juvenile delinquents incarceration memoir is bookended with explanation of the life and times of the author, the prison system for young offenders, and the light emendations to enhance clarity and readability. Reed is haunted by, it seems, his crimes and the thought of masturbation as he cycles in and out of a workhouse/indentured servitude system featuring medieval tortures. No wonder we can believe some on the outside would help a boy on the run from such hells.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Dictionary of Saints

Dictionary of Saints by Alison Jones My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews