Saturday, April 2, 2016

Review: Ann-Margret: My Story

Ann-Margret: My Story Ann-Margret: My Story by Ann Margret
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really don't know for Ann-Margret of the big and small screens, but was attracted to this work due to my affection for the album "The Cowboy & the Lady", which she did with Lee Hazlewood. That opus only gets on sentences, and Lee isn't mentioned, although her disco album gets a whole paragraph! For the music fan, there is a whole chapter on working on Tommy, and the resulting friendship with Tina Turner. Most of the book is about growing up in Sweden, her career and marriage to Roger Smith, recovering from a tragic fall, and beating alcoholism and pill-popping. A quick, easy read of a vivacious woman with a rich life.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Dictionary of Saints

Dictionary of Saints by Alison Jones My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews