Friday, February 14, 2014

Review: Marlon Brando


Marlon Brando
Marlon Brando by Patricia Bosworth

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I really enjoyed this biography that drew on Brando's autobiography and other accounts to chart his life from stage and screen, gigolo to AIM activist, and public figure to recluse. The commentary and analysis of the films has prompted me to revisit or discover many of them. For instance, I have now seen and enjoyed Brando's "Julius Caesar". I liked that is was so close to the Shakespeare original and helped support this book's revelation that Brando began as a very successful stage actor.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...