Thursday, April 4, 2013

Review: The Great Gatsby


The Great Gatsby
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I decided to re-read this via this audiobook edition in order to prep for the upcoming Baz "Moulin Rouge" Luhrmann movie treatment. I enjoyed its mystery and tension as thoroughly as the first time, aided by an excellent narrator here. I was very glad to recognize the very lines of dialogue teased in the film's trailed, offering hope of a purist approach on that level. Further, I am still vaguely disgusted by Nick Carraway's latenly elitest aloofness andd imperturbability. I look forward to seeing the Tobey Maguire-Luhrmann interpretation of the stoically blase' narrator.

Certainly an American classic, and a classic of literature, worth returning to again and again.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Dictionary of Saints

Dictionary of Saints by Alison Jones My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews