Sunday, April 28, 2013

Review: The End of Food


The End of Food
The End of Food by Paul Roberts

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This is another indictment of CAPO meat assembly lines, processed food, and the unsustainability of current or "green"/"organic" methods. From reading Pollan, etc. I am used to this depressing stateof affairs. What I like about Roberts is the focus on the economic angle (people have to go from the expectation of cheap food to a historical hefty part of the house budget) and especially the cultural angle. What have we lost in the togetherness of lnegthy, communal food preparation and dining times?



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...