Monday, October 8, 2012

Review: Death Be Not Proud


Death Be Not Proud
Death Be Not Proud by John Gunther

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



"As a professional writer, Johnny's father was capable of incarnating the spirit and intelligence of his ardent and precocious son. I am really convinced the world lost a brilliant inventor-scientist, but through this book we can all meet this atheist old soul and travel with him through 1940s cancer treatment.

Inlcuded in the book is many letters, quotes, and writings of Johnny. Among this impressive intellectual output, signifying an accomplished and seeking mind, is Johnny's list of chess tips, which I am saving.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...