Saturday, October 20, 2012

Review: Not Only Women Bleed, Vignettes from the Heart of a Rock Musician


Not Only Women Bleed, Vignettes from the Heart of a Rock Musician
Not Only Women Bleed, Vignettes from the Heart of a Rock Musician by Dick Wagner

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



In a series of short, easy-to-read vignettes, Dick "The Maestro" Wagner tells us of when he scored ... and when he "scored". Along with the sex & drugs tell-all, the classic triumvirate is complete with lots of rock-n-roll from Michigan roots with The Invictas and The Bossmen and on to superstar success with Lou Reed, Alice Cooper, Tim Curry, and more.

One can really hear Dick's voice. I heard that voice when he announced on my radio show this book. It is great to hear that voice coming through on the finished product and hear what it was like being a J.D. in my own hometown area of Waterford-Union Lake in Michigan.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...