Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Review: I'm Feeling Lucky: The Confessions of Google Employee Number 59


I'm Feeling Lucky: The Confessions of Google Employee Number 59
I'm Feeling Lucky: The Confessions of Google Employee Number 59 by Douglas Edwards

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was a real interesting read about Google from a marketing lead employee involved from when even he had to take a turn arranging server cables until not long after Google went public. As one might imagine, this look under the covers finds things at Google were not always rosy and without rancor: Engineering vs. Non-Engineering, missteps, etc.

One thing I found interesting is how badly they let the early g-mail context sensitive ads go wrong. After all, spam filter are computers reading email and marking them as junk all the time, had they listened to their marketing people, they could have had another billion dollar idea. But, well, they had so many...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...