Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Review: How to Solve Applied Mathematics Problems


How to Solve Applied Mathematics Problems
How to Solve Applied Mathematics Problems by B. L. Moiseiwitsch

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



This original Dover publication boasts a title suggesting that it is a blueprint for mathematical modeling. On cracking open the text I expected to find out what gamut of problems are approached and at what level the mathematics is. I was disappointed to find contents more like that REA's Problem Solvers series: bluntly stated problems immediately following by a complete solution. There is no discussion of notation, theory, or building up a model from a real world situation.

[See my entire review at MMA reviews: http://mathdl.maa.org/mathDL/19/]



View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...