Friday, November 29, 2019

Review: Canyon of Dreams: The Magic and the Music of Laurel Canyon

Canyon of Dreams: The Magic and the Music of Laurel Canyon Canyon of Dreams: The Magic and the Music of Laurel Canyon by Harvey Kubernik
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

From my 2010 interview with Bill Mumy:

...In the last few months, a friend of mine loaned me the book Canyon of Dreams .

BM: Oh, yes. Harvey Kubernik's book.

Yes.

BM: Yes, with Henry Kubernik's photos and stuff. Yes, that's a great book.

And you're the subject of nearly an entire chapter.

BM: Yes. Well, you know? That happens when you live in the same place for 35 years. I'm just one of the old men in the canyon, I guess. Well Laurel Canyon's a great place to live. It's a wonderful artistic community. And certainly, if you're going to live in the middle of Los Angeles, which I have done all my life, it's very nice to come home and have this country kind of feeling. I mean, I got a mountain so to speak, and ten acres behind my house with deer and all sorts of creatures strolling by. It's very cool.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...