Friday, November 1, 2019

Review: Buried Beneath the Boarding House: A Shocking True Story of Deception, Exploitation and Murder

Buried Beneath the Boarding House: A Shocking True Story of Deception, Exploitation and Murder Buried Beneath the Boarding House: A Shocking True Story of Deception, Exploitation and Murder by Ryan Green
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this Halloween read (as it turned out) taking us into the Dorothea Puente spider lair and the drugger semi-consciousness or her cocooned, plastic-wrapped victims. I was first concerned with the short length yet in the end I felt I heard the complete story or dysfunctional, abused youth transmogrified into wicked boarding house proprietor. The only thing I would have liked to have had was some insight (maybe juror interview?) into how a jury deadlocked over responsibility for this unearthed graveyard of victims.

Also, very good job by Steve White (Narrator)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...