Saturday, November 9, 2019

Review: 23 Things They Don't Tell You About Capitalism

23 Things They Don't Tell You About Capitalism 23 Things They Don't Tell You About Capitalism by Ha-Joon Chang
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Nicely done. I am not sure of the specific "liberals" this author is trying to school. Whoever they may be they must be highly idealistic. Chang covers why things are more complicated than they seem and sweeping economic generalizations open to debate if not ridicule. "Duh?" What I like is the different point of view so that many of his example are from his native South Korea. Also, there is a nice summary of how widespread banking deregulation in Iceland led to ruin. In the end the author suggests liberal welfare state policies to life the working poor of the First World as well as significant financial aid to the Third World marking him as much more of a liberal perhaps than I had presumed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era

The Human Tradition in the Vietnam Era by David L. Anderson My rating: 5 of 5 stars The country was expe...