Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Review: The Louis Wain Kitten Book

The Louis Wain Kitten Book The Louis Wain Kitten Book by Louis Wain
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In Nick Cave's The Red Hand Files #54 Aug. 2019, he said, "When I first came to London, David [Tibet] gave me an education in Christian mysticism, as we bonded over Spanish wine and our love of the artist Louis Wain." So, I needed to read some Wain. Apparently, much of his stuff is whacky and surreal, even darkly so. This is a short, nursery rhyme like Eugene Field or something and not that interesting, to me. Just cute, that's all. Wain's books are rather rare and this was the only one I can get, at the moment.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Review: Dictionary of Saints

Dictionary of Saints by Alison Jones My rating: 3 of 5 stars View all my reviews